A Job "Well Done"


Sometimes life seems to repeat itself. Sometimes every so often, and sometimes daily.
I have this older gentleman who frequents my shop every day. He has the same routine. He walks over to the case where I have today’s fresh baked muffins, scones and other breakfast breads. He takes a moment and begins his daily conversation.
“ The muffins are burnt. I had one yesterday and it was so charred. It tasted like charcoal!” He than pursues to order one.
First of all, I would never serve anything that I felt was inferior or was not something I would not enjoy myself. I explained to him that my muffins are perfect. They are a great balance of a nice baked crust on the outside and a moist texture on the inside. I use a convection oven which helps make them that way. I believe they are the best muffin in town. All my customers love them.


He looks at me with a stare and continues to disagree with me, but insisting on ordering one. I explained to him that today the muffin will be exactly like always and that if he really doesn’t like them he probably should not be ordering one.
I put his raisin bran into the paper bag, ring him up for $1.95, and hand him his muffins

“Have a nice day, I will see you tomorrow!” I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Saw of Life

seesaw of life   Balancing life is truly a challenge. Finding the exact spot on the seesaw of life that enables you to stay balanced in ...