Good Luck Charm

Good Luck Charm

Posted on August 5, 2014by chefnyack
As many know, ever since my dad died, he communicates with me by sending me feathers. Some with magnificent colors, some more interesting than others, and some so small they just glide in the wind. The warming presence of my sister in law, Katherine,is always watching over as well. Sometimes I believe I hear her unique laugh, belting out of the sky.
Wanting to write about my experience yesterday, was so on the top on my mind. But my wife took the words right out of my mind ( and heart) and so eloquently sent this letter to some friends and family. She gets me and that is why I love her so.
“Just wanted to send love – and a little story. Yesterday was Cris’s casting interview for the Food Network.( Deb – you were a great coach!) We went out shopping for the clothes the night before – and I truly felt Kath with me the whole time – guiding me to the “right” look – and persuading Cris to buy “Polo” shorts rather than his usual teenage boy look! He looked perfect – and before he left the house I put a tiny little silver bead from Kath’s bracelet ( which broke months ago – but I kept as many beads as I could) into his shirt pocket. He was very touched.
Since the day he got the letter about this interview I can hear Kath’s voice in my head….and her enthusiasm and encouragement. I don’t honestly think ANYONE would be more excited than she would. Can’t you just hear her – and picture her prepping him!
He got to the interview early – and was having coffee outside the building when he noticed a tiny white feather floating down from the sky. It gently landed at his feet. Some of you may know that feathers for Cris are signs from heaven from his dad! He tucked it into his shirt pocket next to Kath’s bead. They were with him close to his heart for his interview ( which he feels really good about!) Of course I’ll keep you posted – it will be months till he hears anything.

All my love to each of you very dear and special friends – and best wishes for a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See Saw of Life

seesaw of life   Balancing life is truly a challenge. Finding the exact spot on the seesaw of life that enables you to stay balanced in ...